We're still having all the fun over at http://catknitsandthings.com
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Wow! Lots of these.
- Circular knitting needles with great cable joins and cables that don't kink. Addi Lace and Profi come to mind.
- The crock pot - or the electric rice steamer. Kind of the same category, so I'm lumping those into one.
- Split/ergonomic computer keyboards. (I type a lot.)
- Online shopping.
- Digital cameras.
- MP3 players. I use mine mostly for audiobooks, magazines and podcasts. In fact, I don't think I have any music at all on mine.
- Bloglines and other RSS feed aggregator type programs. (I think that's what they are called...)
- E-mail. Although I guess that one could be argueable..as could #8.
- Mozilla's Firefox browser.
Powered by ScribeFire.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
And possibly twists and stretches! This pattern has quite a bias "tweak" to it. It, of course, blocks out and sits pretty for a picture, and it will make a fabulous dishcloth because of its texture, but as a stitch pattern, I'm thinking this one does its best work as a washcloth. I think a garment would be all wonky knit in this stitch. Hmm...it might make a nice market bag if a person had the stamina to work it in that size project. Anyway. Its done (um...yes...I see the oopsies too!) and it has taken its place amongst future contenders for wedding, housewarming and/or hostess gifts. I'm digressing from my earlier plan to do the hummingbird next - my fickle eye got caught by the monthly KAL, so I'm doing that one next as it turns out. Meh...I may start the hummy too. I don't "wait" well, and this KAL is stretched out over a week.
Monday, June 16, 2008
I may forget to update Blogger here. I've been doing the regular posts now on my domain catknitsandthings.com - hmmm...sounds familiar, doesn' t it? :) I'm not sure how long I'll keep the Blogger blog going. It's nice to have to fall back on if the domain thing gets too expensive, but for now, the real posts will be over on the domain. Here's the latest dishcloth. I love this color yarn.